The Ten Commitments
July 29, 2009
- Do not lie to yourself.
- Do not lie to other people, unless they are exercising tyranny.
- When you think it is your duty to inflict pain, scrutinise your reasons closely.
- When you desire power, examine yourself carefully as to why you desire it.
- When you have power, use it to build up people, not to constrict them.
- Do not attempt to live without vanity, since this is impossible, but choose the right audience from which to seek admiration.
- Do not think of yourself as separate, wholly self-contained unit.
- Be reliable.
- Be just.
- Be good-natured.