Podcasts & Vodcasts
My daily commute means I have 8-10 hours of listening time each week, so rather than listen to the same music each day or listen to one-eyed opinion radio, I prefer to listen to podcasts on topics that interest me.
Here’s a general overview of what I’m currently listening to:
- Astronomy Cast: I love astronomy, and this is an excellent resource.
- Career Tools: Good advice for your working life.
- Coffee Break French: Excellent weekly learning French podcast.
- Cory Doctorow: There’s a massive intersection between Cory’s interests and my own.
- Freakonomics Radio: Done by the same people who wrote the book.
- Geologic: The maestro and comedian, George Hrab, speaks!
- Get-It-Done Guy: Short-and-sweet productivity podcast.
- Listen To Lucy: Interesting podcast by teh FT’s management columnist.
- Manager Tools: Practical tools and tips for managers of all stripes.
- More or Less: The regular BBC radio show from Tim Harford, The Undercover Economist.
- Naked Scientists: Feeds the knowledge monster.
- Pod Delusion: Excellent UK skeptical podcast.
- Podcache Show: Entertaining UK geocaching podcast.
- Podcacher: One of the better US podcasts for geocachers.
- Random Show: Tim Ferriss’s and Justin Rose’s irregular chat about interesting things.
- Skepticality: Official podcast of Skeptic Magazine.
- Skeptics’ Guide 5X5: 5 minutes on a skeptical topic.
- Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe: A frankly brilliant skeptical podcast.
- Skeptoid: Covers a skeptical topic each episode.
The list changes periodically as I discover new shows and need to trim some of the fat, or podcasts go out of production.